Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just curious if any other K5 owners that use wireless carplay have had any connectivity issues?

Ive noticed mine will randomly give a connection error. Sometimes 3-4 times in a short drive. Seems to be more frequent when using maps. Driving me nuts.

I have ruled out my iphone as i have forgot the car in carplay settings, reset network settings and finally restored it, set up as new, have no issues with airpods or any other bluetooth accessory. I have factory reset the infotainment system as well with no change in behavior.

anyone have any ideas before i make an appointment w the dealer?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
7 Posts
Yes, this happens to me constantly. It’s weird that it’s less of a complete disconnect and more that I just get kicked out of CarPlay and have to go back in. But, very annoying.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Gotcha.
It’s good to point out that android auto wireless works just fine for any prospective buyers.
Hope they get carplay worked out soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same with me. I have made a hard wire connection as well and it also disconnects.

Does Kia have any idea how long it will take to correct this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t think it is just limited to Car Play. my Android Auto disconnects numerous times using a S10+. Just wanted to add that.

·
Registered
2021 KIA K5 GTLINE
5 Posts
Hello everyone, just curious if any other K5 owners that use wireless carplay have had any connectivity issues?

Ive noticed mine will randomly give a connection error. Sometimes 3-4 times in a short drive. Seems to be more frequent when using maps. Driving me nuts.

I have ruled out my iphone as i have forgot the car in carplay settings, reset network settings and finally restored it, set up as new, have no issues with airpods or any other bluetooth accessory. I have factory reset the infotainment system as well with no change in behavior.

anyone have any ideas before i make an appointment w the dealer?
I have a 2021 GTLine and I have the same issues, Gets annoying for some reason Since I have the wireless car play I can't use the USB option -_-"

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don’t think it is just limited to Car Play. my Android Auto disconnects numerous times using a S10+. Just wanted to add that.
First we’ve heard of Android issues.
Wireless Android Auto is flawless with Samsung A20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been using the Waze option for the maps and it hasn't disconnected on me using it. I have noticed, when using the stock Android auto maps, that is part of Android auto, if I am on the phone, or use the Xm radio it disconnected more often. Using the Waze maps, it doesn't do it. If Idon't try and listen to or change my music options or use the phone, my Android Auto wont disconnect when using the regular maps option. Sounds like there is a software issue that needs resolved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts