Kia K5 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
1 Posts
I have had the same issue since purchasing mine in Aug. Sometimes it won't even connect :(

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX
17 Posts
Not sure if this is a fluke, but I went into my wifi settings and turned off low data mode when connected to the car and it has seemed to be staying connected. I’ll give it a few days, but others may want to try this also if you haven’t already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure if this is a fluke, but I went into my wifi settings and turned off low data mode when connected to the car and it has seemed to be staying connected. I’ll give it a few days, but others may want to try this also if you haven’t already.
I will definitely try tomorrow 👍🏽 Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I couldn’t find that option on mines. How exactly did you do this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just updated Iphone to IOS 14.2 . same problem with disconnect. I am thinking of taking KIA to small claims court ......... anyone any comment?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just updated Iphone to IOS 14.2 . same problem with disconnect. I am thinking of taking KIA to small claims court ......... anyone any comment?
So Kia Consumer has been in touch with me. They told me that the issue is with Apples latest iOS update and that it has nothing to do with the KIA manufacture. I feel that is total Bullcrap! Kia is trying to blame Apple but it’s something going on with the wireless CarPlay that KIA installed. (The man at the dealership even told me that the K5 were the first cars to be the “testers” of this new wireless sh*%). They need to get rid of wireless or let us have the option of having the option to use the USB cord! I’m really pissed because I spent $30,000 on a brand new car and the 2nd day had this serious issue, that Kia doesn’t want to fix or do anything about.
NEEDLESS TO SAY IM WITH YOU ON TAKING THEM TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts