Kia K5 Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
24 Posts
Looks like fix is not working I have heard of several k5 owners who went to dealer for update issued by Kia it worked for about a week than back to same old problems UGH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia performed update yesterday. My wife has iOS 14.3 on her phone. On her drive home from the dealership the screen on the infotainment system went black twice. I have iOS 14.4 on my phone and went out and test drove the K5. To my surprise I had no issues at all. Did the Kia update and iOS update work? I don’t know but 2 days ago I had iOS 14.3 on my phone and the infotainment system would disconnect every 2 minutes or so. I’ll post updates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia performed update yesterday. My wife has iOS 14.3 on her phone. On her drive home from the dealership the screen on the infotainment system went black twice. I have iOS 14.4 on my phone and went out and test drove the K5. To my surprise I had no issues at all. Did the Kia update and iOS update work? I don’t know but 2 days ago I had iOS 14.3 on my phone and the infotainment system would disconnect every 2 minutes or so. I’ll post updates.
Just to show that this was really done:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is an update to my previous post. As I stated that my wife has iOS 14.3 on her iPhone 11. She says that she had those problems on her drive home after the Kia update. Since then, I have tested her phone with the Kia update and could not replicate the problem she says she had. The K5 has been driven several times now with no issues at all with iOS 14.3 & 14.4. I commend Kia on resolving this issue. I hope everyone else has the same results as we did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my k5 updated last week with SA 460.
Dealer said it was not on the recall list but did update after seeing details of this thread.
All is now working fine with apple ios 14.3
I also got a new case so phone charges all the time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Skip the dealership. Most of them are useless. I went to 2 different ones and neither even acknowledged there was an update. . Do it yourself. Click here

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT blue
2 Posts
Okay so quick update with me:
I took my 3day old K5 (2021) to my local Kia dealer ship, explained to them what was going on and how I came across this site online and how the same issues with my carplay is happening to other folks CarPlay. Well.... they kinda brushed off the issue because the car is BRAND NEW AND ALSO THE FACT I WENT TO THE INTERNET; and said “don’t believe everything you see on the internet” BLAH! Anywho long story short they couldn’t find what the exact problem was so they opened up a claim with Kia. And they told me that KIA is aware of the issue and hopefully they will have this issue resolved! (FYI I was told the K5s is the first car they tried the “WIRELESS CarPlay” on. EPIC FAIL!
Was told the same thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Hello. Was this simple to do? I'm having the same issues. ugh. Just got my k5 3 days ago. wish I knew.
Super easy to do. Download The zip file at the bottom of the page of the link that I posted. Throw it on a flash drive, plug it into the car, it’s pretty easy. The link I posted has step by step instructions

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you confirm what the update was and is this for wireless car play or, does your cell phone need to be plugged into the USB slot?
I’m going to my dealer Friday and hopefully my issues are solved. I just got this car in March!

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
21 Posts
Do this... it will fix your issues. This was posted a while back by another user. There is a TSB for this issue. I downloaded the fix onto an usb drive and installed it myself. No issues since.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts