Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Ive been noticing since I got my car last month that placing my phone in the wireless charger, it will never stay charging. every 10-20 seconds , it will disengage and then reengage charging. with or without a case on it ( and the case I have is quite thin )

Anyone else having that same issue? / have a resolve for this?

Appreciate any replies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had any issues with my S21+. What phone do you have?
iPhone 12 Pro - I have been searching and a bunch of people on reddit have had the same issues. even without a case it is something happening. Possibly the phone is too deep in the pocket.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
170 Posts
Maybe try holding it an inch higher to confirm it keeps charging, then put something non metallic in the slot to keep it at that height.

·
Registered
9 Posts
iPhone 12 Pro - I have been searching and a bunch of people on reddit have had the same issues. even without a case it is something happening. Possibly the phone is too deep in the pocket.
Hey man I know there’s post about this, just got too search for it in the forum. It should be about a month ago. Lots of good ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have an Iphone 12 pro max and mine NEVER charges unless I place it in upside down or holding it up like half an inch. I think it just has to do with the charger not aligning with the conductive coil in the phone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have an Iphone 12 pro max and mine NEVER charges unless I place it in upside down or holding it up like half an inch. I think it just has to do with the charger not aligning with the conductive coil in the phone.
yeh most likely. I have this 3m foam tape, i may layer it at the bottom of the charger to where it would be level with the plate for charging alignment, if that works, I will take photos of what I did.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
39 Posts
Hmm interesting must be an IPhone 12 specific thing? I have an iPhone 11Pro and have not had any problems charging!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line FWD
46 Posts
Hey all -

Ive been noticing since I got my car last month that placing my phone in the wireless charger, it will never stay charging. every 10-20 seconds , it will disengage and then reengage charging. with or without a case on it ( and the case I have is quite thin )

Appreciate any replies.
One thing I noticed that if there's any magnetic stuff on your phone case it won't charge.. Wouldn't this be your case at all?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
If need be, you can pull the phone holder straight out so you can get a better look at the bottom on the hold area.

Here are some pics of what I mean:
Netbook Hood Gadget Bumper Automotive exterior Building Fixture Sky Composite material Gas

Just have to pull it straight up, against the back of the storage area. Might want to open the center console armrest first before doing so.

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
15 Posts
Yes. I placed a piece of styrofoam in the holder and it works fine now. iPhone 12 Pro Max

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all -

Appreciate any replies.
On the cellphone on top drag down and click on clear then on setting go to battery and device care start scanning and it will close any open apps then click on memory and clean thats all and restart your cellphone and then put it back on your car wireless charger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts