Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty bummed that I can't use the wireless charger with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The only way it works is if I take the case off because of the camera protrusion. Anyone else in the same boat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to Walmart and bought some styrofoam. You can pull up on the stand and it will come out. I just eyeballed how tall I needed raise my IPhone and then just cut the styrofoam to fit in the slot. I have not had any issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty bummed that I can't use the wireless charger with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The only way it works is if I take the case off because of the camera protrusion. Anyone else in the same boat?
I’ve had the same problem, but what I did is used an old chapstick that’s empty and just laid it down inside the latch and phone charges perfectly all the time

·
Registered
2021 GT-Line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to Walmart and bought some styrofoam. You can pull up on the stand and it will come out. I just eyeballed how tall I needed raise my IPhone and then just cut the styrofoam to fit in the slot. I have not had any issues.
Styrofoam trick worked! Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX - Everlasting Silver
11 Posts
Some creative solutions! (y)

I had the opposite problem. My Samsung A20 didn't support wireless charging. I purchased a thin Qi charging pad that plugs into the USB-C port of the phone and put the phone in a thin case... THAT combo fit just fine.

I much prefer this "slot" approach to charging than the flat charging spot on my wife's Kia Soul.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Kias phone insert is slow charging any way. Get fast wireless charging pad or fast wireless charging phone mount

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
120 Posts
Kias phone insert is slow charging any way. Get fast wireless charging pad or fast wireless charging phone mount
It isn't fast, but it at least adds a couple of % on my 30 - 40 minute drive home that is with using wireless AA. That's about what I used to get when I had my phone plugged in using AA in my Optima. It already gets pretty warm, I can't imagine what fast charging would do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It isn't fast, but it at least adds a couple of % on my 30 - 40 minute drive home that is with using wireless AA. That's about what I used to get when I had my phone plugged in using AA in my Optima. It already gets pretty warm, I can't imagine what fast charging would do.
I have a fast charging car mount that doesn't get that hot

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Initially, the slot piece can be a bit difficult to pull out. It'll feel like you're ripping the thing out at times but once you get it out the first time it gets easier to pull out.

Just a note, when you pull at it, open the armrest cover first so you don't hit it when you yank the thing out. lol And remember to yank at it straight up, parallel to the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts