Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my K5 GT-line for 5 months now.Has anyone found a rear bumper with exhaust holes for the K5?

·
Registered
Wolf Grey K5 GT-Line, Magnetic Black 370z
49 Posts
Had my K5 GT-line for 5 months now.Has anyone found a rear bumper with exhaust holes for the K5?
To my knowledge, there isn't really any aftermarket rear bumper with holes for the exhaust. The only one is the GT, and tbh they're the exact same bumper, just a different rear diffuser area.

Now, there is someone I found on YouTube who has a GT-Line, and he basically just pulled the fake exhaust tips out, cut the bottom portion off to make it look like the GT rear diffuser.

I would start by trying to pull the fake exhaust out first. If you do that, you'll have the exhaust holes that you wanted.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge, there isn't really any aftermarket rear bumper with holes for the exhaust. The only one is the GT, and tbh they're the exact same bumper, just a different rear diffuser area.

Now, there is someone I found on YouTube who has a GT-Line, and he basically just pulled the fake exhaust tips out, cut the bottom portion off to make it look like the GT rear diffuser.

I would start by trying to pull the fake exhaust out first. If you do that, you'll have the exhaust holes that you wanted.
Thank you, I think I saw that video I’m going to try this week and see how it goes.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
I was looking into which bumper part the GT uses and I might have found which one it is, but I have no way of confirming it's the right part for the lower bumper cover swap.

I think this is the part, I just can't be sure of it without a proper image.

I know the rear diffuser/skid plate for the GT-Line isn't chrome and more of a silvery/brushed aluminum... Maybe someone with a GT can confirm whether the rear under diffuser/skid plate is chrome or also a brushed aluminum look?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking into which bumper part the GT uses and I might have found which one it is, but I have no way of confirming it's the right part for the lower bumper cover swap.

I think this is the part, I just can't be sure of it without a proper image.

I know the rear diffuser/skid plate for the GT-Line isn't chrome and more of a silvery/brushed aluminum... Maybe someone with a GT can confirm whether the rear under diffuser/skid plate is chrome or also a brushed aluminum look?
I’m going to try popping out the center of the fake vents and see if I can run the exhaust out that way. I’ll post pics after.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
I’m going to try popping out the center of the fake vents and see if I can run the exhaust out that way. I’ll post pics after.
Good luck! Just be careful with the tips touching the plastic bits. Exhaust tips can get hot enough to melt plastic so make sure there's enough clearance on all sides before getting it installed. Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. The fake tips make me crazy. I didn't notice until the other day in another post. Idiot that I am.. I thought they were real. Now all I think about is them and how to either mask them or nix the whole bumper.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
The lower glossy black bumper part can be taken apart separate from the rest of the lower bumper. It looks like it might be possible to swap the GT-Line's for the GT lower bumper cover. The ones on the LX, LXS, and EX trims seem to have slightly different parts behind them.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The lower glossy black bumper part can be taken apart separate from the rest of the lower bumper. It looks like it might be possible to swap the GT-Line's for the GT lower bumper cover. The ones on the LX, LXS, and EX trims seem to have slightly different parts behind them.
I’m going to look into that and see. So far haven’t seen anyone done it but hopefully soon

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
437 Posts
I'm so happy I got the real quad exhaust. Kia is not the only one doing the fake stuff. Noticed also on the audi SQ5.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm so happy I got the real quad exhaust. Kia is not the only one doing the fake stuff. Noticed also on the audi SQ5.
Did you pu
At first look when buying the car they seemed real but that was my mistake for not looking up more info about the car

·
Registered
2022 K5 Gt-Line Premium AWD
26 Posts
How did you get in contact with them?
It was a mission and a half, let me tell you. I will share more as soon as I have anything. Basically I hit multiple sites where I saw them mentioned and used Google translate... Chased my tail for a couple days and actually came across an email address. Sent them an email and they responded back a couple days later...

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
640 Posts
Is that’s a GT-line of a GT? If it’s a GT-line where did they get that bumper kit
It's a GT-Line bumper with the fake exhaust bits taken out and the tips peeking through the holes. The bottom parts of the bumper weren't cut off as the tips seem to fit straight through without an issue. lol

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was a mission and a half, let me tell you. I will share more as soon as I have anything. Basically I hit multiple sites where I saw them mentioned and used Google translate... Chased my tail for a couple days and actually came across an email address. Sent them an email and they responded back a couple days later...
Not all hero’s wear capes lol mind sharing that email address when you can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts