Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt Line AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing some photos of my Wolf Grey K5 if anyone is interested on how it looks lowered with upgraded wheels. Lowered with M&S storm lowering springs. Installed 19x8.5 +40mm offset Niche Targas M130 matte black with dark tint spoke. Tires are Falken ZE960 A/S 245/40/19.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt Line AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yoo how did you get the chrome strip black??
Yeah got the black vinyl off Amazon. Took a couple hours to do. The door trims are covered with the wind visor guards off eBay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah got the black vinyl off Amazon. Took a couple hours to do. The door trims are covered with the wind visor guards off eBay.
Looks sooo good! So you didn't do the entire chrome around the windows you just added the wind deflectors and added the vinyl around the trunk only...

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt Line AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks sooo good! So you didn't do the entire chrome around the windows you just added the wind deflectors and added the vinyl around the trunk only...
Actually it was opposite. I had wrapped the complete trim piece from front door to front door. Then I decided to add the wind deflectors haha. But you can just wrap the chrome piece that starts after the rear doors to the trunk if you decide to get the deflectors also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually it was opposite. I had wrapped the complete trim piece from front door to front door. Then I decided to add the wind deflectors haha. But you can just wrap the chrome piece that starts after the rear doors to the trunk if you decide to get the deflectors also.
I've never owned wind deflectors before but seeing your car definitely opened my eyes to wanting them now lol.. Now with adding those lowering springs with 19s how's the ride quality now any issues or regrets to doing it does it drive better or take away from the awd

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt Line AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never owned wind deflectors before but seeing your car definitely opened my eyes to wanting them now lol.. Now with adding those lowering springs with 19s how's the ride quality now any issues or regrets to doing it does it drive better or take away from the awd
Yeah I really like having them! I love how they just flow perfectly with the trim. The combo of 19s and lowering springs is great. The ride feels like I’m on stock. The AWD still performs great. I had originally installed a +35 mm offset but that was a bad choice. The wheels stuck out too far and was scrapping on the fenders easily. The +40 offset is perfect. No rubbing issues at all and gave the car a more wider stance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I really like having them! I love how they just flow perfectly with the trim. The combo of 19s and lowering springs is great. The ride feels like I’m on stock. The AWD still performs great. I had originally installed a +35 mm offset but that was a bad choice. The wheels stuck out too far and was scrapping on the fenders easily. The +40 offset is perfect. No rubbing issues at all and gave the car a more wider stance.
That was a great choice I'm definitely looking into wheels. I'm actually going to a few dealerships tomorrow looking to get the best deal. On a purchase. Kia really knocked the ball. Out of the park with this design I'm so impressed with this one.. But you definitely stepped it up a notch with this. So even with your turning radius its good and what about going over bumps and stuff. Is it a stiffer ride and are you clearing going up in parking lots with steep dips not sure if that makes sense or not lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking to upgrade to 19.0's as well. Did you transfer your factory TPMS Sensors to the new wheels or buy new TPMS sensors? If you bought new sensors, where did you get them? and how hard to reprogram.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt Line AWD
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking to upgrade to 19.0's as well. Did you transfer your factory TPMS Sensors to the new wheels or buy new TPMS sensors? If you bought new sensors, where did you get them? and how hard to reprogram.

Thanks,
Mike
So the place I got them from tireswheelsdirect.com had a shop in Southern California. So I purchased the wheels online and took it to them for the wheel install and they transferred the factory tpms sensors for me for free and they programmed them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts