Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NO LONGER NEEDED, thanks.

Hello, I’m looking to buy all four OEM door speakers from the 2021 K5 6-speaker (non-Bose) system.

Anyone take theirs out to upgrade?

Even if they don’t work I’m still interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, I’m looking to buy all four OEM door speakers from the 2021 K5 6-speaker (non-Bose) system.

just bought my k5 Gtline last night not even 12 hours off the lot i will be pulling my speakers within the next month i am sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just bought my k5 Gtline last night not even 12 hours off the lot i will be pulling my speakers within the next month i am sure.
Can’t blame ya! They don’t sound great, that’s for sure.

Any idea what you’d replace them with?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can’t blame ya! They don’t sound great, that’s for sure.

Any idea what you’d replace them with?
yea im going to rip the dash out cut the wires coming from the head unit run 2 runs of 18 gua 4 conduit wire out from head unit to a infinity 5 channel amp. back to the wires i cut going to the speakers. as for speakers i am going to run infinity infinity reference 375-tx in the dash, and infinity reference 6532ix in both the from and rear doors, and i already have a fosgate punch p3 single 12" sub. you can run it on a 5 channel class d amp

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that sounds great setup! Do you have a wiring schematic to follow for the wires you’re cutting?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Are you still looking for OEM speakers?
I just replaced mine after I had them for a month.
Let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, that sounds great setup! Do you have a wiring schematic to follow for the wires you’re cutting?
i don't as of yet but i will be doing it hear shortly. i have to map out where i am going to come through the firewall at for my power then we will be in business. It looks at first glance it will be the passenger side firewall. i have the next few days off but its like 100+ out side here in the great pnw. so i don't know how much i will get done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i don't as of yet but i will be doing it hear shortly. i have to map out where i am going to come through the firewall at for my power then we will be in business. It looks at first glance it will be the passenger side firewall. i have the next few days off but its like 100+ out side here in the great pnw. so i don't know how much i will get done.
Remove the battery. There’s a grommet behind it that you can run you power wire though. You could also drill a separate hole there if you prefer. I went through that grommet so I didn’t have to run the wire behind the engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remove the battery. There’s a grommet behind it that you can run you power wire though. You could also drill a separate hole there if you prefer. I went through that grommet so I didn’t have to run the wire behind the engine.
thanks ill check it out...
much appreciated

·
Registered
84 Posts
^^Indeed, but at that rate, i'll be looking at $80K car, not $30K :)

During test drive I look at how well the vehicle drives, handles, shifts, power, etc. Mainly mechanicals. Infotainment is secondary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts