Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT line Wolf Gray/Red
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed pvc side oil catch can on my 2021 K5 GTline it’s been a few months and there is very little oil and water in it is that normal ?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
83 Posts
I’m halfway thru installing the same can on the PVC side also but I have a question for you. How did you get the hose supplied by WW1 to fit onto the PVC nipple on top of the engine. The factory vacuum hose flares out considerably at the end so it can slide comfortably over the connection. The hose supplied by WW1 seems considerably too small to fit onto the stock hose barb. The OUTSIDE diameter of the new hose is almost the same as the required inside diameter of the barb. I feel like if I try to wrestle the hose onto the hose barb I’m going to snap the hose barb right off. Did they send me the wrong hose? Did u heat the new hose to try to stretch it? I’m ready to send this thing back. I’m not entirely happy with the WW1 kit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m halfway thru installing the same can on the PVC side also but I have a question for you. How did you get the hose supplied by WW1 to fit onto the PVC nipple on top of the engine. The factory vacuum hose flares out considerably at the end so it can slide comfortably over the connection. The hose supplied by WW1 seems considerably too small to fit onto the stock hose barb. The OUTSIDE diameter of the new hose is almost the same as the required inside diameter of the barb. I feel like if I try to wrestle the hose onto the hose barb I’m going to snap the hose barb right off. Did they send me the wrong hose? Did u heat the new hose to try to stretch it? I’m ready to send this thing back. I’m not entirely happy with the WW1 kit.
I applied motor oil to the hose and opened the clamp all the way pushed hose wile spinning it back and forth than put the split clamp back on also the nipped they supply is a little small for turbo side so I built it up with some thread tape and used clamp supplied not factory clamp

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
83 Posts
I applied motor oil to the hose and opened the clamp all the way pushed hose wile spinning it back and forth than put the split clamp back on also the nipped they supply is a little small for turbo side so I built it up with some thread tape and used clamp supplied not factory clamp
Thanks. That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’ll try using the oil and I’ll also head the hose with a heat gun. I also noticed the coupler you spoke of isn’t a great match. I’ll build it up like you did. I feel like WW1 should’ve included a reducer instead just a straight coupler. For the premium money they charge for the kit everything should be right and fit better. They kind of did a throw together, rush to market kind of job. If I could do it over I’d go for one of the more economical kits on eBay since I’m being forced to make modifications to this expensive kit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. That’s kind of what I was thinking. I’ll try using the oil and I’ll also head the hose with a heat gun. I also noticed the coupler you spoke of isn’t a great match. I’ll build it up like you did. I feel like WW1 should’ve included a reducer instead just a straight coupler. For the premium money they charge for the kit everything should be right and fit better. They kind of did a throw together, rush to market kind of job. If I could do it over I’d go for one of the more economical kits on eBay since I’m being forced to make modifications to this expensive kit.
Yea I think it’s because of the car being so new I’m sure they will improve the kit as they find out what isn’t working right, I installed one on my wife’s Sportage and the kit was perfect. There just isn’t a lot of K5 stuff yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts